Do you ever wonder if authentically happy, healthy-looking people have a secret that they’re not sharing? That they know something you don’t?
As a cardiologist and anti-aging physician who’s spent a career connecting the dots between physical, metabolic, emotional, mental, and even spiritual aspects of health, I’ve realized that the big “secret” to a full and healthy life is actually pretty simple: It’s all about maximizing our own energy and being in harmony with the natural energies around us. That’s right, we all have the innate potential for vitality because we are all energetic beings in a vibrational world.
Health is something we all tend to take for granted…until ours starts to decline. Don’t let yours slip away from you. Take the reins so you can better enjoy the ride. How? Start by becoming aware of how all the energies you fill and surround yourself with impact your vibrational energy. Once you’re at that vantage point, you can make choices that bring the energies of your life into balance, and live what I call a “high vibrational life.”
Everything Is Vibrational
Ancient cultures understood it and Einstein brought it to light in the Western world with his E=mc2 theory: the idea that everything is energy. Take apart the atom, the fundamental building block of matter, and you’ll see – we’re all made of particles that are nothing but energy (electrons, protons, and neutrons). The energy of living cells can be seen as pulsation, or vibration under a microscope. And, like all the trillions of cells we’re made of, we give off and absorb energy, and are constantly exchanging energy with everything around us.
Everything we eat, listen to, watch on TV, and even think about has vibration and influences us energetically; so do the people we interact with, and various elements of our environment. The vibrational energies of all the choices we make each day add up to who we are energetically, and ultimately shape our health. High-vibrational options naturally energize us and support health, while those that are low-vibe drain our energy and impede health.
To help you navigate through a potentially overwhelming amount of daily choices, I’m going to narrow our focus, here, to just the tip of the energy iceberg: how food, emotions, and man-made electromagnetic radiation (EMF) impact your vibrational energy, and how you can use this knowledge to optimize your vibration.
You Are What You Eat
This is one important cliché, vibrationally speaking…. Would you rather be made of superfoods or junk foods?
I personally want the energy of foods that are full of good stuff my body wants and free of the toxins it doesn’t…Foods that are alive with high vibrational energy: nutritious, clean, and produced sustainably, with plenty of phytonutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and/or healthy fats. Foods free of pesticide / herbicide and antibiotic residues, GMOs, chemical additives, refined sugars, unhealthy fats, and other vibration-lowering toxins. Ideally too, foods produced with loving intention and gratitude.
What I definitely don’t want in my body, and advise you don’t eat is junk, fast food and diet foods (diet is a code word for chemicals). Highly processed, these foods have all sorts of ingredients you can’t pronounce and are really just empty calories. They leave you feeling terrible after you eat them – a clear sign of low vibrational energy.
The key to a high-vibrational diet is keeping it as close to nature as possible. This means:
- Lots and lots of organic or local vegetables, fruits, lentils, and beans. Because plant foods are fiber-filled and nutrient-dense they’re the highest vibrational foods out there. That’s why they’re the foundation (40 to 45 percent) of my Pan-Asian Modified Mediterranean (PAMM) diet. My favorite superfoods are pomegranate, broccoli, blueberries, avocado, and tomato.
- Plenty of monounsaturated fats like extra virgin olive oil, nuts and seeds, which help your body absorb the nutrients in all those veggies and fruits. Healthy sources of fat make up 35 to 40 percent of my PAMM diet.
- A small amount – just 20 to 25 percent of your diet – should be quality protein: organic, wild caught, or free range meats, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy products.
- Herbs and spices that are additive and preservative free.
- Local raw honey, pure maple syrup and dark chocolate – in moderation – to satisfy the occasional sweet tooth.
- Filtered or spring water and herbal tea; freshly squeezed juices, too, in moderation.
If you stick to eating these higher vibrational foods, you’ll feel a big difference in your energy, well being, and even your health. But we all know that life happens … We all go down a dark path sometimes with sodas (including diet sodas), alcohol, sugar-filled goodies like cake and frosting made with hydrogenated oils, fried fish and French fries. And that’s okay, as long as these foods are just very occasional exceptions to the rule.
I also believe that giving thanks for your foods – to a higher power (if you believe in one), and to the people, animals, earth or water source from which they came – can raise a meal’s overall vibration. Because, like the foods we eat, our thoughts and emotions are energies that impact our health, and by expressing gratitude, we recognize the interconnectedness of life.
Emotion = Energy In Motion?
Emotions are contagious – we’ve seen how they fuel angry mobs as well as peace-loving crowds of hippies. It’s all just momentum… energy in motion.
When we align ourselves with feelings of gratitude, love, joy, laughter, and peacefulness – both within ourselves and through our interactions with others – we’re tapping into vibrational energy that creates a state of health within our bodies. On the other hand, when we’re fearful, raging, stressed out, jealous, or sad, it has a negative impact on our bodies. We’re all human, though, and anger, jealousy, and sadness are normal parts of the journey. We actually want to experience all our emotions as they arise, and then let them go…not get stuck in them. I’m a firm believer that the body doesn’t lie…Emotions are our truth, and living our truth is a big part of creating a healthy, energetic state of being.
Here’s where the power of intention comes in. You can train your thoughts to be positive, to steer you away from negativity. Seeing the “reframe” or silver lining of seemingly bad circumstances, and having hope all foster the energy of healing and well being. So does simply being open to all possibilities, and to see life’s events with a sense of wonder, rather than making value judgments.
I also recommend:
- Filling your life with things that make you happy like the unconditional love of friends, family, children and pets.
- Spending time doing things that make you feel good, like favorite hobbies or sports.
- Not spending too much time with people or things that stress you out or lead you to dwell on negative things.
- Engaging in regular moderate exercise. It relieves stress.
- Getting outdoors and soaking in some of the greatest energy sources in the world: air, sun and earth. Taking off your shoes and bury your feet in the grass.
- Listening to music that inspires you to dance
- Looking at art that resonates with you
- Cultivating an attitude of gratitude – being thankful for everything that makes you feel good.
- Helping others without expecting anything in return. “Paying it forward.”
- Forgiving people you feel anger or resentment toward.
A Few Words About EMFs
There’s another set of “invisible” energies that most of us don’t give much thought to, but that can play a big role in our health: everyday devices like cell phones, Wi-Fi, and even appliances in your home. These technologies generate electromagnetic radiation (EMF) that doesn’t harmonize with normal, healthy biological rhythms. On some level, man-made EMFs stress your body, and impact your vibrational energy.
If getting off the grid is not in your cards, here are some basic things you can do to protect yourself:
- Go wired instead of wireless whenever possible: Ethernet instead of WiFi, and landlines instead of cordless or cellular phones.
- Keep your cell phone away from your body when it’s on, and turn it off when you’re not using it. Talk on speakerphone, rather than holding the phone to your head. Text instead of calling.
- Try to clear your bedroom of technology. EMFs can disrupt your melatonin production and impact your ability to sleep (and thus your body’s ability to repair and strengthen itself).
- Get grounded. Put your bare feet (or skin) on the natural earth (sand, dirt, etc) or use an Earthing device to absorb the Earth’s natural energy. It will help your body relax and de-stress.
I know that each of these actions may seem small in the grand scheme of things, but they all add up. Every high-vibrational choice you make helps move you a little bit closer to a place where all of the energy in your life is balanced. Eventually, you can exude the kind of timeless vitality that others envy—and maybe someone will even ask you, “What’s your secret?!?”
Before I wrap up, just one more thing—be sure to bookmark this page and use it as your go-to guide on your journey. I started Vervana.com not only to offer my personal experience and advice on how to implement a good-vibe lifestyle, but also to share some of the great products I’ve found on my own high-vibrational path. I’m always on the lookout for the cleanest and purest things out there. I know you are, too, and you’ll find all of my favorites curated here. Check them out!
For a more in-depth explanation, check out my new ebook about raising your vibration. Also, be sure to sign up for my emails so you don’t miss any more of the high-vibrational life advice coming soon. I look forward to seeing you again!
From my heart to yours,
References & Resources:
- The Huffington Post. Eating High-Vibrational Foods for Good Health and Longevity. June 17, 2015.
- Dr.Sinatra.com. Cooking Healthy with Spices.
© 2017 Vervana. All rights reserved.