Dr. Sinatra’s Grass-Fed Beef Taco Recipe
*Choose organic meats and produce whenever possible*
- 1 pound grass-fed organic ground beef
- 1-3 Tbsp EVOO
- Mexican Spice Blend Seasoning, 1 to 3 Tbsp, or to taste
- 1-2 cups shredded red or green cabbage
- 1-2 cups shredded carrots
- Natural Salt Blend, to taste
- 1-2 avocados for guacamole
- 12 stone ground whole grain organic corn tortillas – or for a lower carb version, lay your taco meat over a bed greens of your choice (shredded lettuce or cabbage, baby greens, baby spinach, or kale are some options – 6 cups)
- Optional herbs and veggies: sliced red onion, chopped organic bell pepper, white beans, chopped tomato, chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat, add ground beef and cook until all meat is browned. Add Mexican Seasoning Blend to taste. While meat is cooking, shred cabbage and carrots and prepare all optional veggies and herbs you’re using. Make the guacamole – mash the avocados with a fork, then add a few grinds of salt, a pinch or two of Mexican Spice Blend, and a drizzle of jalapeño-garlic flavored olive oil, then set to the side.
If using tortillas, warm them in the oven at 250°F for 5 minutes.
To assemble, layer meat mixture onto the tortillas or salad and top with, cabbage, carrots, guacamole and any optional herbs and veggies.
Using my different olive oil flavors will give you a new taco experience each time, so try them all to find to find your favorite – Mangiare!
© 2018, 2020 Stephen Sinatra, MD. All rights reserved.